Tavanta Therapeutics is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company developing a diverse pipeline of drugs that bring clinically meaningful benefits to patients with serious or debilitating diseases. As we continue to grow and expand, there exists an immediate opportunity for a Principal Scientist of Pharmacology professional to join our Team. The incumbent will be responsible for all pharmacology related activities at Tavanta.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become an essential innovative thinker within the company, contribute in evaluating and setting scientific priorities, bringing in new ideas.
- Support a diverse set of preclinical programs to identify critical pathways in disease pathophysiology and possible targets for drug molecules.
- Lead preclinical pharmacology strategy and activities.
- Evaluate and select animal disease models for preclinical programs and design pharmacokinetic studies to address key scientific questions and ensure preclinical pharmacology data will address FDA requirements for IND approval.
- Ensure preclinical pharmacology studies are run in accordance with the appropriate SOPs, relevant regulatory guidelines, legislation and departmental processes as required per study.
- Provide Preclinical Pharmacology contributions to regulatory documents
- Maintain good working relationships with relevant key opinion leaders and researchers on planned and ongoing pharmacology studies.
- Identify, select and manage CROs for outsourced preclinical experiments. Provide technical input into protocol design and reports from pre-clinical CROs
- Contribute to Project Teams as determined within the internal matrix structure, support the management of project timelines and budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS
The candidate should have strong, proven background in pharmacology and related disciplines. The Principal Scientist of Pharmacology should be an innovative thinker, enabler and educator to internal teams.
- PhD in Pharmacology with a thorough understanding of pharmacokinetics and physiology
- Having an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written English is essential
- Team oriented and goal-driven while being self-aware of strengths and weaknesses
- Highly organized and able to work on his/her own with limited oversight
- Collaborative, creative, and open-minded, and eager to help others
- Persistent and optimistic about overcoming obstacles and uncertainty
- Flexible and willing to try/learn new things and approach
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal and professional development
- Innovative and dynamic team
- Good working environment
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical Industry
- Clinical Researcher
- 3-5 years professional experience
- University degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time