Summary of role
Tavanta Therapeutics is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company developing a diverse pipeline of drugs that bring clinically meaningful benefits to patients with serious or debilitating diseases. The incumbent, in close collaboration with the company’s cross functional teams, will support internal synthesis of peptide conjugates and be responsible for the development of analytical and purification methods for the company’s peptide-conjugates. This is a hands-on laboratory role.
- Responsible for development and execution of laboratory activities to support analytical methodologies including initial qualification
- Responsible for purification (Flash and/or LC) method development and qualification of peptide conjugate candidates.
- Active participation in peptide synthesis processes
- Responsible for the implementation of phase appropriate analytical methods development and validation to ensure Contract Organizations are using systems and processes in compliance with all relevant regulatory standards.
- Preparation of R&D plans, reports and presentations for review meetings
Education, Experience and skills
The candidate must have a BSc and/or MSc degree in a relevant field supported by a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in analytical development processes and/or peptide-conjugate synthesis with a strong analytical background.
Required skills and behaviors include:
- Excellent analytical and/or purification (Flash and/or LC) method development skills and/ or experience in peptide-conjugate synthesis with a strong analytical background
- Chromatographic method development experience, preferably on HPLC-MS
- Experience in drug product analysis such as dissolution test, disintegration test, Karl-Fischer titration, assay, related substances test, stability investigations
- High level in MS Office tools
- Ability to work both independently and in a matrix environment and as part of a cross-functional team to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to form and test reasonable scientific hypotheses
The following additional skills are preferred:
- Experience in GDocP environment
- LabSolutions software knowledge
- DPI testing knowledge
This position will be in Budapest, Hungary.